Relationships are the positive connections between children, adults and peers in the school setting that foster positive social interaction and establish a nurturing environment of trust and support. Children who feel connected to school are more likely to succeed ‐ building these relationships requires perspectives that embrace positive attitudes and beliefs, emotional, cultural and linguistic intelligence, as well as an understanding of the needs and experiences of children, and an understanding of the school environment. Caring adults play an important role in building strong relationships with children and facilitate their connection to school.
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct is based on our PROUD values and enables students to understand and remember how to conduct themselves around the school as well as in the classroom. Our values are built around 5 attributes that we expect to see in all students if they are to be successful. These are:
- Potential ~ We want you to reach your full potential
- Respect ~ Respect each other and the environment at all times. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Opportunity ~ Make the most of huge range of opportunities offered at Westley.
- Understanding ~ An understanding of ourselves and the world in which we live.
- Diversity ~To celebrate the rich diversity we have at Westley
Please read our attached Behaviour Policy which outlines in more detail our strategies and approaches to behaviour, including bullying, at Westley Middle School.