Meals served at Westley Middle School are cooked on the premises by Caterlink. Healthy eating is encouraged by the provision of high fibre foods and low sugar options. There is also a morning tuck shop where fruit, snack bars, mineral water, milk and fruit juice can be purchased.
The menus are designed to be tempting and healthy and offer a daily vegetarian choice. Please contact the School office if your child has special dietary requirements.
Paying for School Meals
The Online Payment system is available to all parents. In order to prepay for your child’s school lunches, you will need to register with ParentMail. To access the facility, visit www.parentmail.co.uk. Should you need help registering please contact the School Finance Office who will be happy to assist you. Please note, dinners cannot be prepaid via Suffolk County Council.
Applying for Free School Meals
If you think your child is eligible to benefit from Pupil Premium funding and to receive Free School Meals please apply directly via the Suffolk County Council website.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work fewer hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
To check if your child is eligible, apply online for an immediate response or call Suffolk County Council on 0345 606 6067 for advice.
If you have not been allocated a school place for your child yet, please wait for confirmation of this place before you apply for free school meals.
If your child is eligible for and has been registered to receive free school meals between 1 April 2018 and the end of the rollout of Universal Credits (currently expected to be March 2024), they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in at the end of Universal Credits rollout. This is regardless of any change to your circumstances.
If your child is attending a nursery school:
they must be in a maintained school nursery as a registered pupil at the school
your child must be in receipt of education before and after lunch on the same day
you must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit (as described below)
you should apply online by clicking the blue button below.